Tokyo Immigration Service

I want a Japanese visa!


The visa and the Residential Card system information here inclusively reflect the current partial amendment to the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act that took effect in April, 2015.

Often, concerns about visas or Resident Cards for foreign nationals involve conditions for application for, renewal of, or extension of, a visa. It can be difficult to know which category you should look into. For your status, there are Spouse, Long-Term Resident, and Permanent Resident visas. If you are looking for a work related visa, there are Highly Skilled Professional, Engineer/Humanities/International Services, Business Manager, Entertainer and Skill visas. It can be difficult to decide which visa applies to you.

In this website, we provide suggestions for foreign nationals who want to obtain a Resident Card or a visa. I, the Immigration Specialised Solicitor, Masami Sato, the proprietor of our office, provide suggestions for foreign nationals who want to obtain a Resident Card, and provide support for obtaining a visa and will support you all the way.

The suggestions cover a variety of circumstances including applications for whether it is a Resident Card, a visa, a visa amendment, a resident visa, a Spouse visa, an international marriage, a Permanent Resident visa, a work visa, the Points-Based System(minimum 70 points) for Highly Skilled Foreign Professionals, a Business Manager visa, or Naturalization (becoming Japanese national) approval. We cannot cover every situation, and naturally, not everybody qualifies for obtaining a visa, but please feel free to enquire about your particular situation. We, the Immigration Solicitor’s Office of Masami Sato, having our office in Chiyoda-ku of Tokyo, and It is also possible to have a consultation in Shinagawa that is close to Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau. Please advise us where to have a consultation. The consultation fee is 6,500yen/hour (includes consumption tax, The charge is 1 hour fee when it falls short of an hour). We will do our best to help you.

A foreign national who wants to live in Japan for more than 3 months needs a Status of Residence (visa) to obtain a Resident Card. Usually, the resident visa application is made by a Japanese national to the Immigration Bureau of Japan.

Here, I explain about the Resident Card and the actual processes to obtain visas.

If you obtain an approval from the Immigration Bureau of Japan for your visa application, you, as a foreign national, may live in Japan to engage in activities such as study and work, depending on the type of your visa. A Resident Card is the certificate of your visa.

In Japan, there are over 27 types of visa. You need to understand which visa meets your particular needs and make an application for it.

Here are some frequently asked questions from regarding visas: